During the summer, I spend an inordinate amount of time grilling. Veggies, chicken, portobello burgers, the occasional streak or beef burger – they are all fair game. Recently, however, I have really enjoyed experimenting with turkey burgers. I feel like turkey burgers get a bad rap in some circles for being “dry” or “tasteless”. My response: YOU’RE DOING IT ALL WRONG! In my latest experiment, I think I concocted the Best Turkey Burger for Summer and you are going to want (NEED) to try it!
- 1 avocado
- 4 oz garlic herb goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mixed herb salad
- 4 hamburger buns (King’s Hawaiian hamburger buns recommended)
- mayonnaise (optional; apply to taste)
- In a food processor, blend walnuts, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cardamom to desired consistency.
- Combine walnut mixture and ground turkey in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Create 4 burger patties.
- Grill patties for five minutes on each side over medium heat. When turkey burgers appear to be nearly finished cooking, toast hamburger buns on indirect heat. Before removing patties from grill, top with garlic herb goat cheese and continue to cook until goat cheese begins to melt.
- Remove turkey burgers and buns from grill and allow 3-5 minutes for the turkey burgers to rest.
- Top the bottom hamburger bun will mixed herb salad, followed by the burger patty with goat cheese, then the avocado, and finally the top bun with mayonnaise (if desired).
- Voilà! You are now ready to enjoy the the Best Turkey Burger for Summer!
Stay tuned for more great recipes from The World’s Table on the Bites Without Flights page!